Subscribe for Your Free E- Book

Building Self Confidence E Book FREE!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Life Coaching & My Casablanca Visit

Phyllis Reardon M.Ed.
Life Coach


On Dec 8th we began a 27 day crusie. Our first port of call was Casablanca.

My visit, albeit a short one, took me through the streets and into the bazaars of Casablanca. An amazing display of unique items, amazing rugs and unfamiliar yet interesting smells greeted me as I slowly moved in and out of the shops and stalls.

Some merchants were persistent in the sale of their product while others offered the soft sell.

In some parts of the city what appeared to be heavy black smoke arose from large smoke stacks, reminding me of my youth when most homes used coal for heating fuel.

One thing I noticed, was the number of men sitting in small groups, sipping on what appeared to be tea, that they shared as it poured all steamy and hot from silver tea pots.

 When we visit places with cultures different from ours, I think it is natural to look for similarities and differences.

As we walked around the city tha day I saw people very busy with their lives and work. Heavy car and motor bike traffic rushing about the streets;  men, women and children going about their daily tasks.

Life and work are life and work, no matter where in the world we live. The Bazaar merchants are small business/entrepreneurs delighted on days that huge cruise ships visit their port. To us they were extremely interesting and unique with amazing product to sell. For them we were potential customers, helping increase their bottom line.

 Interestingly we are all unique in our cultural ways but in the ways of Life and Work there are many similarities.

 The picture I have attached shows the outside walls of the Bazaar I visited.


If you have a life challenge you need some help with maybe you could use a Life Coach. phyllis@coachphyllis.com

Have a great day!   

  
Phyllis Reardon
www.coachphyllis.com



No comments:

Post a Comment