The Power of Self Talk
Phyllis Reardon M.Ed.
Life Coaching Activities & Powerful Questions
Have you ever listened to how you speak to yourself an about yourself? I always say that if we spoke to friends the way we speak to our selves we would be alone most of the time.
Most of us are not even conscious of the language we use. Many times it comes from the language our parents used or we hear constantly from our friends.
Our self talk directs our life. No doubt you have heard the phrase you are what you eat, well I always say…you become what you think…in other words the words you use, how you speak on a daily basis creates your life. This is not just my thinking this has been proven that our language creates our future.
Have you ever been invited to a party and you moan and groan and say, ‘ I hate to go there , I know I’ll have a miserable time.’ And you do!
You may have also experienced the opposite…’Wow, I’m looking forward to having a great time at this party.’…And you do!
It has to do with your subconscious mind that directs 95% of your behaviors. It listens to what you say and is very obedient. It is like your computer..what goes in..comes out.
Life Coaching Activities & Questions
Here is a Life Coaching activity I use with my clients to help them focus on the self talk.
1. Pick up a little booklet, doesn’t have to be fancy.
2. Take one full week to note the language that you use. This will be language throughout your day, with family, friends and colleagues. Write it in your booklet.
3. Take another week and do the same thing.
4. What do you notice? What language are you using in your daily life?
5. You may want to continue for another week to note your talk.
6. Now Change. If your talk is not 100% positive you need to Change.
7. Change your language and you will begin to experience changes in all aspects of your life.
8. Give it a try. Your Life will thank you!
Please use and share.
If there is a change you need to make in your life contact me. Let’s chat. I offer a free consultation session.
I offer both individual and group Life Coaching.