Subscribe for Your Free E- Book

Building Self Confidence E Book FREE!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Want to Make a Life Change? Life Coaching Activities

Phyllis Reardon M.Ed
Life Coach
The Importance of  Knowing Yourself 

If there was one part of your life that you could change today, what would it be?  Please remember when I refer to Life that your work is a part of your Life. 

In order for you to grow you need to learn and learning leads to Change, therefore to make the Change you want, you will need to learn something. That may be learning something about you, becoming more Self aware. You might be thinking you know yourself really well and indeed you may.

Time for a little disclosure…...when I switched from my counseling profession  to my Life Coaching practice I thought I knew everything about myself. Why wouldn’t I?  I had worked for many years, I had four adult children, two marriages …what else was there to learn about me?

Was I surprised as I took on this new area of knowledge and put it to work in my life.  The discoveries have been endless. I approach life now from a “questioning perspective” which broadens my perspective of people and events in my life. I am constantly learning about Phyllis and as a result continuing to grow.  

You may know my favorite quote that hangs on my wall by Proust:

The real act of discovery lies not in finding new lands, but in seeing with a new set of eyes.
I guess you can say I now see myself with a new set of eyes. In my Life Coaching process I work with my clients to help them see with a new set of eyes.  Let’s face it, if we want change, it will come from within us. We can change others!

And so I’ll ask the question again for your Reflection and Action:

If there was one part of your life that you could change today, what would it be?  Please remember when I refer to Life that your work is a part of your Life.
If you would like more info on my Life Coaching Porcess, please email me phyllis@coachphyllis.com
What questions will you ask yourself today?

Note your answers and have a wonderful learning day.
Phyllis Reardon

No comments:

Post a Comment