Subscribe for Your Free E- Book

Building Self Confidence E Book FREE!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

What is Life Coaching?

What is Life Coaching?

Phyllis Reardon M.Ed.


The real act of discovery consists not in finding new lands but in seeing with a new set of eyes.”

                                                                                                                  Marcel Proust

These words hang framed on my wall above my desk as a constant reminder of how I need to begin each and every day as a Life Coach; how I must see each and every client with a new set of eyes.

Life Coaching has given me the opportunity to see the world differently; life coaching has helped me not only understand but to live by Proust’s words.

If you are new to Life Coaching you are trying to gather as much info as possible…this drive for knowledge should continue as new info is constantly coming our way.

I am so very often asked; what is life coaching?

I had a pat answer for that when I began, you know as all the literature says, have your ‘elevator pitch’. I still have it. But now after 5 years of coaching practice it is now incorporated in to my very being.

I now approach life from a Coaching culture…a coaching way of thinking.

You may have read how important “the Question” is to Life Coaching, well it is Key. It is and will be your main tool for success.

Socrates said..”It is not the answer that enlightens but the Question.”

If you are new to Life Coaching I suggest that you begin right now to develop your Question list. Purchase a small or big note book and start noting questions. Keep the Question book close by.

Life Coaching works from the perspective and understanding that the client has all the power, all the knowledge to achieve what they want to achieve…in other words all the answers are within the client; it is the life Coach’s job to help the client uncover the answers.


You help them make their own Discovers. You assist them in seeing themselves with a New set of Eyes.

In real estate it is location, location, location….In life coaching it is..Question, question, question.

If you have any questions about Life Coaching feel free to email me  phyllis@coachphyllis.com


How do you choose to be today?

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment