Subscribe for Your Free E- Book

Building Self Confidence E Book FREE!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Life is Like a Fishing Trip....Life Coaching Activities

Phyllis Reardon M.Ed.
Life Coach


Gone Fishing...Life Coaching Activities


This coming week I will be going on my very first salmon fishing trip. This family trip will take us to the Northern Peninsula of Newfoundland Labrador.

If you are a regular reader of my Blogs you will know just how much I emphasis ‘The List’ in all of our daily and weekly actions, so I guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised when I received an email last week from my youngest son with an attachment titled ‘The Fishing List’. I smiled, printed my list and went to the nearest sport store.

My son indicated in his email that if I was to have any chance of catching a salmon I better be prepared, not only clothes wise but to give myself the best opportunity, or to increase my chances of catching a salmon I had to have everything that he indicated on 'The Fishing List', the tools of the trade, so to speak.

No Mom, there are no substitutes for doing this the right way, I was told.

As I drove to the sport store to purchase my list items, I reflected on the detail of the list and everything I needed and the purpose of each item.

Some items were for my physical comfort, while the others were the tools of the sport.

They were all necessary!

I thought just how much this very first Salmon Adventure paralleled life.

1. Life is a First for all of us, unless of course, you believe in reincarnation, and even if you do, you weren’t here as the same person.

2. We need a ‘Life List,’ items and tasks to make life comfortable and successful.

3. We need Life Tools, to up our chances of catching the best of Life.

4. We need a Life Guide, someone who will coach us along the winding river, over the rapids, and to the most opportune fishing spots.

5. The Life’s excitement that comes from the unknown, the anticipation and the achievement of stated goals.

6. There is no substitute for doing it (life) the right way!


My main goal for this trip is to catch a salmon, however several other goals will also be realized.

1. Taking on a new adventure.

2. Time with family.

3. Time to reflect and relax.

4. Time in nature.

Yes, I thought, The Fishing List; I better make sure I have all that is needed because I may not get another chance like this one.

I will post some pics from my trip in a week or so, let's hope the big one doesn't get away!.


Have a great weekend. Subscribe and Tweet my Post.

Happy Life Fishing!!!!


Phyllis@coachphyllis.com

2 comments:

  1. Life coaching UK have simple and straightforward steps that all coaches and student coaches need to engage in if they want to start building a coaching practice that will attract the right type of clients for them. Great Article!

    ReplyDelete