Subscribe for Your Free E- Book

Building Self Confidence E Book FREE!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Coaching Activities -What is Luck? Irish Luck or Hard Work - St. Patrick's Day

What is Luck?

Tomorrow, March 17th, is the day we celebrate St.Patrick, patron saint of Ireland.

This is a day that is close to my heart; my late Mom's birthday; the name of my childhood school and parish. My Irish roots began in the new world in the late 1850s, so I still feel a little connection to Ireland.

Do I have the luck of the Irish? Do I believe in luck? I've got to ask,what is luck?


Mark Twain is quoted as saying; "the harder I work the luckier I get."


I read somewhere that Luck happens when Preparation and Opportunity intersect.


I don't believe in Luck. I believe to achieve and be successful we have to work extremely hard and do great planning. This applies to all aspects of our life and work.

Nothing comes easy. We can't count on the luck of the Irish, even if we are Irish.


I always find it interesting that in our society when someone succeeds in life or work, others comment on how 'lucky' that person is.


Sam Walton, in talking about his Walmart empire said, it was an over night success that was 20 years in the making. For him it was hard work and good planning.


Think about this.

How many of you had or have a rabbit's paw to bring you good luck? It didn't bring much luck to that little rabbit, did it?



Don't depend on luck.

If you want the goods things in life you and only you can make it happen!!

Plan, plan and persist.

That's the key to your success. There is no magic or leprechauns involved.


If you feel like it, wear something green tomorrow. You can even greet people with an Irish brogue, But don't count on Luck of the Irish for you success.



Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Coach Phyllis
www.coachphyllis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment